Sweden’s public health agency are led by an infectious disease epidemiologist with years of epidemic control experience. Anders Tegnell spoke in this interview four days ago with Claudia Nye: Tegnell, a year on: would he make any changes to his NO lockdown approach to Covid? In summary he recommends:
- No need to vaccinate children
- Voluntary vaccinations for adults; threats or incentives don’t fit the Swedish model
- Don’t test people when they have no symptoms
- There has been no asymptomatic spread in Sweden
- Each country needs to review their pandemic response so they can learn from it
Humble, consistent, clear, concise and not a gaslight in sight.
On April 6 when I wrote about Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s share portfolio (Background to New Normal blog post), their Pfizer-BioNTech shares were worth US$85 million. Two and a half months later the same market share has climbed above US$113 million. Thank goodness they’re helping resolve a public health crisis by marketing this product?
Meanwhile, just today at World Health Organisation, where Gates wields “undue influence” with “monopolistic philanthropy“, and is “treated like a head of state” (2017 Politico article Meet the world’s most powerful doctor: Bill Gates), recommendations for vaccines in children were updated and the result was: use PfizerBioNTech.